|Job Ref:||204803035||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Norfolk||City:||Norfolk||Address:||Salary:||£36000 - £37000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:02|
Electrical & Instrumentation Technicians - FMCG - Circa 36 - 37K - UK - Noroflk|
Our client, who are a market leader in the field of fine sugar manufacturing, are seeking an Electrical & Instrumetation Technician to work out of our their facility in Newark.
The main purpose of this role will be supporting process operations, and maintenance activities across our clients site in Newark.
Reporting to the Shift Performance Manager and working as part of a multi-skilled team on shift during Operational periods, this role will carry out planned and reactive electrical and instrumentation maintenance as required.
The shift pattern for these roles will be: Dayshift - 4 on 4 off
During gap periods, this role will undertake electrical maintenance activities.
Reporting to the Electrical and Engineering Team Manager, this role will carry out planned and reactive electrical and instrumentation maintenance as required.
Key Result Areas:
* Work in partnership with Shift Performance Manager, and technicians to carry out repairs to process plant.
* Troubleshooting and practical fault finding on plant, instrumentation and control systems.
* Installation of new plant or modifications as appropriate
* Carry out planned inspection routes on process plant and proactive maintenance.
* During maintenance periods undertake maintenance activities as well as testing and commissioning plant in readiness for operations.
* Reporting of all engineering activities in the appropriate format into the CMMS.
* Making plant safe for maintenance.
* Competent to receive and/or authorise a range of permits as required.
Skills & Experience Required:
* IOSH working Safely
* Comprehensive technical knowledge
* Understanding of hazards and controls associated with a complex industrial environment and producing food and feed.
* Extensive knowledge of the sugar process
* ONC / HNC in Electrical Engineering supported by a recognised apprenticeship.
* A proven track record of effective technical problem solving, fault diagnosis, maintenance and continuous improvement.
* Experience of working in a lean operating environment.
* Good communication ability across all levels of the site, across sites and between all functions.
* Good analytical skills
* Practical knowledge of Lean Tools and techniques and problem solving skills.
* Ability to demonstrate practical hands on skills, competence and knowledge of maintenance activities in the sugar manufacturing process