|Job Ref:||204802735||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Grangemouth||Address:||Post Code:||FK3||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:02|
Duration: Full Time
My Client is a multi-disciplinary consultancy providing a wide range of services across the UK and beyond from our head office in Grangemouth.
Our main focus is within the industrial, commercial and thriving oil and gas sectors, working in the UK with some projects overseas.
We are looking for a Land Surveyor, who has a minimum of 5 years relevant land surveying experience to help with our expanding workload in petrochemical, infrastructure and development projects. This position provides an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to further their career and gain more experience in these specialist markets.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record within the surveying industry, able to demonstrate a range of practical work experience. The candidate will possess good communication skills, a good work ethic, and have the ability to work independently and unsupervised, as well as the ability to work as part of a team. The role will require some travel, overnight or out of hours work and may require working away from home from time to time.
My Client is Investors in People business and is committed to continuous professional development and an attractive benefits package including a highly competitive salary is available to the right candidate.
Positions Requirements and Responsibilities
• Ability to undertake the following types of surveys; Topographical surveys, survey control, setting out, as-built surveys, levelling surveys, GPS surveys, laser scanning and measured building surveys.
• Experience of utility and GPR surveys would be an advantage.
• Ability with limited supervision to prepare method statements and risk assessments.
• Ability to prepare work schedules for other surveyors and junior grade staff.
Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum of 5 years previous experience.
• Membership of, or working towards membership of ICES.
• A minimum HNC (or equivalent) qualification.
• a good working experience of AutoCAD 2D/3D, LSS, Cyclone, CloudWorx and Reshaper.
• A current driving licence is essential.
• Good written and communication skills.
• Good numeracy and computer skills.
• The ability to demonstrate drive and enthusiasm, a 'can do' attitude