|Job Ref:||204802625||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hitchin||Address:||Post Code:||SG4||Salary:||£38000 - £48000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:02|
Our client was established in the UK in 1992, they specialises in the production of food coatings for customers in the global food processing industry. They support many of the world's leading retail and foodservice brands though our international network of manufacturing sites and commitment to new product development. Due to company expansion they are now looking to recruit a Engineering Manager who will report to the Operations Director. They are opening a 3rd site soon so their is room to grow with the company.|
Their is scope to grow and develop with this company as the The Operations Manager says:
"Working for our client has opened up doors that I never expected. I have constantly been encouraged and mentored as I progressed my career through the company. Each day presents a different challenge, which is what makes the job so exciting. It's a pleasure to come to work."
Purpose of the role:
Responsible for the overall management, and development of the engineering department, together with capital projects, reliability and safety of all plant and equipment, in line with PWR.
The Engineering Manager is the directing mind for safety in the department. Ensures that the appropriate risk assessments and any corresponding SSW are in place, and are being actively used and understood by the engineers.
Appoints and manages all subcontractors, limiting their use to project work as opposed to becoming reliant on them for day to day activities. Ensures they are competent and work to safe systems, and meet the company's and its legal obligations.
Resource Management - department to meet the engineering needs of both divisions, and works to the highest possible standards
Team Management - Develops the team's skills and manages their performance to ensure that succession planning is in place, setting departmental objectives and performance targets
Budget Management - of consumables in line with company policies, to control cost and ensure the supply of spares etc
• Liaises daily with the Operations team to address operational issues in order for them to meet their targets, maximising machine availability and reliability.
• Monthly Reports -as to the progress of the department highlighting issues and KPI's in order for them to be managed forwards
• Develops the site maintenance strategy, including PPM, in line with the strategic plan
• Assist with the management of the consumption of energy and is central to meeting Climate Change and operational savings in Specific Energy Consumption, in order to reduce carbon emissions.
• Seeks cost effective solutions to engineering problems.
• Responsible for ensuring statutory inspections are undertaken in a timely and appropriate level
• Manages the site's utilities, buildings and services
• Manages all service visits and contracts, with the exception of FLT's and the weighbridge. The contracts relating to QA, will be held by the Milling Manufacturing Manager.
• Carry out any reasonable request as requested by any member of management within the reasonable scope of the role.
The Person: (Skills, experience and knowledge)
Stong Communication skills both written and verbal
Positive can do attitude
Formal engineering qualifications
Working knowledge of Health and safety legislation
Contract management and budgeting skills
Working knowledge of site's operations
Experience working in a similar role
Able to demonstrate experience managing a team
Knowledge of best practice within engineering