|Job Ref:||204802550||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Egham||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:02|
Demob Job Reference: j2707 |
Job Title: Plant Fitter
Location: Egham, Middlesex
Salary: £Negotiable Salary
Start Date: Immediate
My client provides Waste Management Solutions to their customers in the South. They now have a requirement for a Plant Fitter to join their team at their site in Egham, Middlesex. The successful candidate will work as part of a team and will be responsible for the service, maintenance and repair of plant equipment including excavators and shredding machinery.
This vacancy presents itself as an exciting opportunity for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. (Royal Navy (Marine Engineer), British Army (Royal Engineer/REME), Royal Air Force (MT)), with a strong engineering background (mechanical/electrics/hydraulics) having worked with plant equipment.
- You will be responsible for the service and maintenance of plant including shredding equipment and excavators.
- Conduct repairs and service to plant and equipment as required in an efficient manner.
- Test equipment to make sure it is in working order.
- Complete Maintenance Records and Reports accurately and on time.
- Conduct all activities in accordance with Company Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure a safe working environment by adhering to statutory and Company Health & Safety Regulations.
- Ensure that the Workshop is kept tidy and free of hazards at all times.
- Assist other colleagues as required.
- Must be able to work every Saturday morning.
- Proven mechanical engineering background with hands on experience of heavy plant and machinery.
- Proven experience as a maintenance fitter / engineer maintaining plant involved with Hydraulic, Mechanical and Electrical Fault Diagnosis.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Self Motivated.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- £Negotiable salary.
- Monday to Friday - 7am - 5pm and Saturday 7am - 12pm.
- 20 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Opportunity to join an established company