|Job Ref:||204802471||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Colchester||Address:||Post Code:||CO2||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:02|
Demob Job Reference: j2702 |
Job Title: Accommodation Officer
Location: Colchester, Essex
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
My client is one of the UK's leading support services companies. They look after our armed forces by delivering essential infrastructure including, housing, management services, facilities management, planned and responsive activities, small works projects, professional services, estate management and grounds maintenance services. They now require an Accommodation Officer to be based at Colchester, Essex. You will be responsible for a portfolio of properties and infrastructure within a designated area and to fully support the delivery of the contract.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. British Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) and a proven track record within a property/maintenance environment on a MoD estate.
- Oversee the effective, compliant and timely delivery of void preparation, maintenance and response works in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Monitor Supply Chain service delivery, value for money, quality and safe working to ensure all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard.
- Undertake inspections on the service delivery in accordance with the levels defined for an agreed area and all issues are recorded and actioned accordingly.
- Ensure that M&E equipment, boilers and the like, are correctly set to work.
- Ensure empty properties (voids) are inspected regularly and meet the required standard.
- Ensure compliance with the Asbestos register and management plan and, where required, take on the duties of Asbestos Responsible Person.
- Ensure compliance with the Legionella management plan and, where required, take on the duties of Legionella Responsible Person.
- Act as first point of contact for properties within the portfolio and liaise with operational management to ensure outstanding works are tracked to completion.
- Support management and the Helpdesk in providing optimal solutions to customer requirements.
- Assist in the resolution of complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Manage occupant move in and move outs and coordinate all appointments.
- Attend relevant meetings as and when required, including but not limited to neighbour disputes, welfare representatives, SFA management, occupant coffee mornings.
- Coordinate the day to day activities of the site team, monitor the safe working of Skilled Persons, and ensure all operatives follow the requirements for JSP 375
- HNC level qualification in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/Mechanical Engineering related discipline.
- Demonstrable experience of managing and supervising staff in construction, property maintenance or related field.
- Experience of supervising site operations including; planning, directing and controlling activities, agreeing scope and priorities of work, proactive performance management.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Significant practical experience in construction/property maintenance.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Experience of operating in a military environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Salary £20,000 - £25,000 per annum.
- Company Vehicle.
- Company pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Challenging and varied working environment.
- Opportunity to join a large and well established business