|Job Ref:||204802462||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridgeshire||Address:||Salary:||£35/hour||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:02|
MAIN ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:|
1. To examine deposited plans for compliance with the Building Regulations. Undertake all necessary negotiations with applicants, agents, contractors and other statutory bodies to secure compliance and process to Decision Notice.
2. To inspect construction work at various stages and carry out other checks as necessary to ensure compliance with the building regulations.
3. To receive Building Notice applications, inspect and check work on site without the benefit of deposited plans or other information. Negotiate with and advise the person carrying out building works as to the construction standards, safe practices and compliance with the building regulations.
4. To assess the value of proposed building works as shown on submitted plans, and calculate and negotiate fees in accordance with the Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations and Cambridge City Building Regulation Scheme of Charges.
5. Investigate, formulate, reason and qualify acceptable building solutions outside of the guidance of the Approved Documents, using professional judgement with reference to the Principal Building Control Surveyor or Building Control Manager when appropriate.
6. Monitor and record accurate inspection notes of construction works as they progress. Make necessary professional judgements where site constraints necessitate solutions outside of the guidance contained within Approved Documents that support the Building Regulations with reference to the Principal Building Control Surveyor or Building Control Manager when appropriate.
7. To investigate complaints and unauthorised work. Undertake resolution by negotiation and request for regularisation applications where appropriate. The drafting of Notices to open up or remove work, and finally preparation of proof of evidence and giving of evidence in the event of prosecution.
8. To process Demolition Notices, serve Counter Notices and ensure that demolition sites and any adjoining buildings are left in a safe and weatherproofed condition.
9. To assess, and where necessary monitor, the condition of dangerous structures, liaise with the emergency services, issue notices and instruct contractor to obviate any immediate danger. Out of hour's service to be provided in accordance with collective agreement for stand by and call out arrangements.
10. To be aware of time, cost and quality of work undertaken to ensure service and costs are in line with service plan and budgets. Identify and report on any potential improvements to service delivery.
11. To assist with the development, training and motivation of Building Control Surveyors and Apprentice/Trainee Surveyors
12. To proactively engage with commercial customers, clients and partners to secure appointment of Cambridge City building control consultancy service and support income generation.
13. To provide general guidance and technical advice on all matters relating to building regulations.
14. To meet plan examination targets and achieve positive customer satisfaction levels in accordance with Building Control Performance Standards.
15. To provide pre-submission consultancy advice and project manage building control consultancy service on major, multi million pound, construction projects.
16. To keep accurate time monitoring records on all building control functions, especially in relation to fee earning applications, to ensure compliance with CIPFA Accounting Guidance.
17. To undertake dynamic health and safety risk assessments when undertaking site inspections. Inspection of works will include working at height, in confined spaces & during inclement weather.
18. Respond to fluctuations in workload and changing priorities by carrying out the role in a flexible manner.
19. To undertake internal audits in accordance with EN ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
20. Provide professional advice and support to other council service providers, Health and Safety Executive, Safety Advisory Groups (Safety at Sports Grounds) and other external organisations.
21. Carry out any other duties as required by your line manager from time to time in accordance with the grading of the post