|Job Ref:||204802444||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northumberland||City:||Boulmer||Address:||Post Code:||NE66||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:02|
Demob Job Reference: j2697|
Job Title: Shift Technician
Location: Boulmer, Northumberland
Salary: £25,000 + £6,250 Shift Allowance
Our client is a leading supplier of facility services to the Ministry of Defence and they now have an immediate requirement for a Shift Technician (M&E) at their military site in Boulmer, Northumberland. The successful candidate will undertake the repair and maintenance work on all building services installations at RAF Boulmer. Candidates must be flexible as you will be part of a 24/7 shift system.
This permanent position presents itself as an excellent opportunity to join an established business. The starting salary is £25,000 plus £6,250 shift allowance. Candidates who have previously served in the Armed Forces (Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force) and those with Electrical engineering backgrounds and previous experience working on a Ministry of Defence (MoD) site could be of particular interest.
- Provide support services for the effective, compliant and timely delivery of departmental duties in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Carry out the role of skilled person mechanical / electrical as defined in JSP 375.
- Manage a schedule of work and ensure all associated administration duties are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Review and contribute to Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and ensure compliance at all times.
- Work from drawings and specifications and other documentation without the need for direct supervision.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the WorkManager system and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Notify management of any defects on equipment or systems.
- Deliver continuous improvement within the scope of the role and keep to key performance indicators.
- Support the ongoing completion of Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, Security & Fraud and Sustainability processes and initiatives.
- Work as part of a close team and provide cover where colleagues are unable to attend their usual tasks.
- Pro-actively support a safety culture in which teams and individuals are responsible and accountable for their actions and perform at their best, improve performance and realise their full potential.
- Liaise with company approved suppliers and obtain all required materials in line with the Company procurement procedure.
- Support the team to ensure that all works are delivered efficiently and economically in order to promote a profitable business for the company.
- Hold Level 3 (NVQ) Diploma in Electrotechnical Services/Diploma in Installing Electrotechical Systems & Equipment or Time served Electrician.
- Demonstrable practical experience in commercial electrical works.
- Familiar with Maintenance and repair of Industrial / Commercial Building Services Installations.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to interface at all levels.
- Flexible approach to work requirements and hours of work.
- Requirement to travel between sites.
- IT literate.
- Experience of operating in a MOD environment.
- Holds 17th Edition Wiring Regulations.
- £25,000 plus £6,250 annual salary.
- Company Pension scheme.
- 25 days holidays (plus 8 stats).
- Additional training.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
- Varied working environment