|Job Ref:||204802243||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Salary:||£18000 - £18740/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:02|
To produce agreed levels of quality product, through the successful set up and operation of varying Rolling Mill Machines, while adhering and positively contributing to health and safety policies and procedures.
Key Working Relationships
RM Team - Raw Materials - Welding - Operations Team
• Set, operate and troubleshoot the Rolling Mill lines through technical knowledge and competence.
• Load materials to the beginning of the line process.
• Operate the Rolling Mill. Start and restart the equipment from set position.
• Input data into the PC - works orders and part specifications to ensure correct set up for manufacture.
• Set the rolling mill for each section produced.
• Fault find on daily generic issues, escalating complex faults to the Team Leader.
• Inspection of production first offs to ensure rejects are not passed on through the process.
• Work to the Works Order due dates and rolling programs.
• Produce quality product, at the agreed output rates, within drawing stated tolerances, thus avoiding unnecessary scrap.
• To produce product to quantity and sizes stipulated on the Works Order/Route cards.
• To operate all machine controls, which are a combination of mechanical, push button and computer key/touch pads.
• Undertake programming of length and punch setting via an integral computer.
• Complete, in a timely, accurate, manner the following daily documentation: Daily Activity Reports, guard check documentation, quality control report, route cards and continuous improvement.
• Perform the function of coil handling for section rolling.
• Ensure scrap is recorded and segregated in line with procedures.
• To participate in Team Based Maintenance plus general maintenance and housekeeping of the equipment and area.
Qualifications / Skills & Experience
• Experience of working with metal forming techniques essential.
• Understanding of mechanical production equipment.
• Be able to use accurately: tape measure, micrometer, verniers and other go/no-go gauges.
• Proven fault finding skills.
• Competence to accurately read and interpret drawings and setting data.
• Mechanical engineering background desirable.
• Experience of Rolling Mills desirable.
• Experience in using a FLT is desirable.
• Power Press and Slinging/Crane Certificates desired