|Job Ref:||204801888||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Bradford||Address:||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum car/health||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:02|
Job Title: Electrical Controls Engineer|
Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire with 25% travel.
Salary: £45k-£55k plus excellent package
We are looking at recruiting an experience Electrical Controls Engineer who can program from scratch in Siemens s7, tia portal and have knowledge of Siemens 840D.
Working with a multination blue chip organisation who are going through growth due to emerging market sector spend
The controls Engineer would have a good understanding of many different aspects of control technology found in a typical modern automation system and would develop software solutions for Siemens PLC systems fitted to our production machines.
This would involve working to customer specifications for interfaces to loader systems and factory network systems. The candidate would need to take responsibility for safety within the PLC systems and would need to have or have the ability to rapidly gain the required Siemens safety qualifications.
The candidate would be expected to drive the investigation into the use of standard control systems (Siemens 840D)
* To lead the work integrating profiSafe and profiNet solutions into our machines. This would include the programming of Siemens S7-300 PLCs that act as gateways to customer factory networks and loader systems.
* To gain the qualifications required for Siemens Safety approvals.
* To work on projects assigned by the ESE manager to set deadlines and timescales.
* To work with the Service and Aftermarket teams in order to provide fast solutions to customer problems and support control systems fitted to machines in the Cross Hills manufacturing facility.
* Degree in an Engineering related subject. Qualification by experience is also considered.
* Minimum 5 years industrial experience of working in a similar role.
* Experience of PLC controllers, Siemens S7, Classic & TIA Portal.
* Good working knowledge of IEC 61131-3 PLC programming languages, ProfiBus, ProfiNet and other field bus systems, Siemens 840D CNC controls (as well as configuration of 840D CNC control), Safety systems, e.g. Siemens S7, ProfiSafe.
* A good understanding of OPC / DCOM / SCADA / WinCC.
* Some experience in a high level language, e.g. C, C++, C#, python, etc
* Ability to travel sometimes at short notice to customer sites both in the UK and overseas.
This is an excellent position to be part of leading multination who specialise within the Automotive, Aerosapce and Nuclear sector. Call Andrew Pilling on (Apply online only)