|Job Ref:||204801528||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Norfolk||City:||Norfolk||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £50000/annum £35,000 - £50,000 (Salary based||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:02|
This established well know company has been in existence for almost 100 years, it is a family owned business with a proud history, achieving growth and success by combining strong traditional values with an innovative and forward thinking approach.|
The company has a network of offices based throughout the United Kingdom, and provide design, sustainable, partnered construction and project management services for private and public sector clients on projects ranging from £50 to over £50 million.
The company operates in the following sectors:
• Emergency Services
• Historic and Heritage
• Production of working designs, reports, specifications and where applicable drawings, ensuring the compliance with National/International Standards, Statutory requirements and the project brief.
• Experience of Structural Engineering Design Software such as Fastrack, TEDDS, CADS, ORION, or similar would be of benefit.
• Carry out design appraisals during pre-contract stage, working closely with other disciplines, communicate design risks and/or value engineering opportunities to the group client(s).
• Produce and check Designers Health and Safety Risk Assessments as required for the project.
• Ensure the dimensional accuracy and compliance with all relative project drawings.
• When necessary, visit site and carry out level/measured surveying to ensure dimensional compatibility between proposed and existing structures. Checking of reinforcement prior to concreting.
• Undertake project co-ordination (controlling the preparation and timely issue of design data in accordance with QA procedures and Contractors Programme).
• Production of design calculations ensuring the compliance with National/International Standards, Statutory requirements and the project brief.
• If the project is engineering lead, coordinate regular internal project design team reviews/meetings as identified within the Project Management Plan.
• Decide the format and scope of design data required for the project (drawings, schedules, specifications etc.).
• In conjunction with the contractors staff, establish the most efficient and economic method of construction/use of materials within the technical requirements/constraints.
• Work closely with other internal and external Team Members including Architects/Surveyors to ensure that the design is compliant with both specification and project cost constraints.
• Monitor/review project fee structure and associated variation costs during the course of the project.
• Preparation and issue of design reports for submission to the Contractor, reporting in conjunction with the main contractor progress reports.
• To liaise with the CD project co-ordinator in order to establish programme and key dates for information issue.
• Check, as necessary, the design calculations and drawings of other Engineers.
• Check drawings, schedules and specifications for compliance with design calculations and current practice/standards.
• Visit site and report on the technical validity, feasibility or compliance with agreed guidelines of existing, partially complete or proposed projects.
• Supervision of Trainees and Technician Engineers as directed by Management.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
Higher National Certificate in Civil Engineering
Minimum Industry Experience:
5 years (at least 3 must be Structural Engineering Design)
Working Knowledge of:
Engineering Design Codes of Practice Building Regulations General Construction and Engineering Design and Detailing
Computer Aided Design Software (eg AutoCAD, as above)