|Job Ref:||204801378||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Bradford||Address:||Post Code:||BD1||Salary:||£25000 - £26000/annum Overtime, pension, training||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:02|
Service / Aftermarket Mechanical Fitter|
Salary: circa £25'000 per annum + overtime
Location: Bradford and also internationally at times, 50/50 split
The position will consist of the repair and new build assembly work of machines for clients globally. The split between workshop activities and work away at customer's sites on a global basis is expected to be 50/50 but flexibility is required, as the ability to work away may be required at short notice.
Most of the work will be related to the build, troubleshooting, repair, and installation of hydrostatic and rolling element bearing systems.
Key Duties include:
* Careful disassembly and evaluation of mechanisms returned for repair and organising of all components
* Skilled installation of new components at customers sites, including final quality checks and documentation to ensure that the repair meets or exceeds specification. Detailed written reports with quality checks.
* Liaising with other company departments, such as engineering and the machine shop to determine the best course for repair, rework or installation. Whilst abroad, use of phone and email communication will be required
* Ability to understand complex engineering drawings and specifications
* Understanding of precision assembly techniques
* In depth understanding and experience assembling, troubleshooting rotary and linear hydrostatic systems and linear/roller bearing systems
* Ability to travel globally with little notice, and to work on own initiative to solve difficult mechanical problems or complete repair installation under pressure
* Apprentice trained mechanical engineer
* High interest level in engineering, precision assembly and fitting
* Excellent communication skills