|Job Ref:||204805516||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Salary:||£30000/annum + Up to DOE + van||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:02|
Circa £30k DOE + O/T + van
Hours: Monday to Friday
21 days holiday rising to 23 plus Bank Holidays
Our client is one of the UK's leading equipment hire companies having a large portfolio of hire and service centres across the South of the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate as they believe that in this extremely competitive market that every employee has an important role to play in delivering exceptional customer service and are committed to providing the right environment to further develop your skills in the workplace.
To further enhance their successful team they are currently seeking a field service engineer for their depot based in the Southampton area.
Repairing and maintaining construction plant equipment breakdowns on site and in the workshop, so previous experience in a similar role will be essential as well as the ability to provide excellent customer service. You will be recording all faults and rectifications and so a good level of verbal and written communication skills is required.
Examples of plant machinery to be serviced and repaired will include; rollers, dumpers, excavators, telehandlers, compressors, generators and powered access
This role will suit an experienced diesel/hydraulic engineer ideally having an NVQ Level 2 in Plant maintenance.
The role requires someone who is self-motivated with good customer service skills with a flexible working attitude as you will be representing the company on sites.
* Attending breakdowns on site
* Must have a hands on approach, servicing and repairing all types of plant equipment including hydraulic and diesel engines
* Able to perform administration tasks and complete all paperwork accurately and on time
* Work well under pressure and retain a positive attitude to customer service
* Maintain Health and Safety to Company standards
* Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Electrical and Mechanical experience gained in plant equipment and powered access
* The ability to service, fault find and repair accordingly
* Good communication skills
* NVQ level 2 in plant maintenance or equivalent is essential
* Driving Licence
The ideal candidate will be located in the following areas; Gosport, Portsmouth, Havant, Fareham, Southampton, Totton, Winchester, Eastleigh, Salisbury, Chandlers Ford, Clanfield, Pitton and surrounding areas