|Job Ref:||204805411||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Shropshire||City:||Shropshire||Address:||Salary:||£0 - £1/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:02|
Rullion Engineering require a Software Lead Engineer to join our client on a Permanent basis in Shropshire.|
We are specifically looking for someone experienced in Automation Systems / Applications and with a strong background in Drives and Motors.
Salary is attractive and will be disclosed upon request.
Title: Software Lead Engineer
Business Platform: Industrial Automation
Business Unit: Global Sales and Solutions
Location: Shropshire, UK
• Be responsible for the assigned project of Software (SW) engineering activities
• Lead the SW engineering activities as per planning and contract
• Attends with the Project/Service Manager to the internal kick off meeting
• Be aware about all the technical information delivered during pre-sales and proposal stage
• Schedule and assign relevant tasks according with the contractual obligations and customer's expectations
• Cooperate with Hardware (HW) development department during HW architecture design
• Provides value added engineering solutions to meet technical specification requirements and customer's expectations
• Design the SW according with the applicable standards and regulations
• Write the program codes using suitable software development platforms
• Test the program codes using suitable SW tools or installing the same program codes in the project's equipment
• Actively contribute to standardization process
• Maintains effective communication and working relationships with customer's technical department and other project team members
• Attend to Factory Acceptance Test as per contractual obligations - if needed.
• Prepares the SW related documentation as per quality management system and contractual obligations
• Prepares the training documentation for users (i.e. field engineers and customer)
2 years' experience as software developer in automation systems and applications
• Strong technical background in Drives, Motors and Automation
• Develop application software and control methods using the CoDeSys IEC61131 programming tool.
• A working knowledge of SyPTPro and Microsoft Projects would be advantageous
• A good understanding of single and multi-axes motion control would also be advantageous
• Good knowledge of site activities or management is preferred but not essential
University Degree in specialization (Automation, Electrical, Control Engineering)
Please contact Julian Elmore on (Apply online only)