Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||160002X9||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:04|
Marketing Communications Manager |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for a Marketing Communications Manager. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading Marketing Projects.
Thinking Beyond your desk includes:
• Plans and produces marketing communications and sales promotion materials to meet product strategies and sales objectives.
• Manages internal and/or external communications such as press releases, video, newsletters, corporate presentations, websites, apps, social media, and blogs.
• Identifies and shares best practices in area of expertise whether it be media placement, digital marketing, press relations, or other areas.
• Develops short- and long-term communication objectives.
• Oversees communication activities including technical and/or promotional material writing, product manuals, brochures, sales kits, etc.
• Interacts with product management, sales management, and external suppliers to develop and implement integrated communication plans.
• Builds key media and communications contacts such as integrated contact management.
• Consults with business leadership to establish brand communication strategies and ensure communication, planning, and monitoring is effectively meeting the needs of customers.
• Manages brand communication research and supports the implementation of the brand strategy and guidelines.
• Manages, coaches, and develops staff; works with employees to set goals in training and development, performance, and career planning.
• Identifies department issues, problems, and opportunities to support continuous improvement initiatives.
• Develops and manages budget, financial controls, and risk ensuring operations are executed efficiently and within established budgets.
• Establish, monitor and report key performance metrics.
Skills & Experience Required:
Significant level of relevant work experience, including supervisory experience, required. Customer facing experience preferred.
Responsible for the following:
• Ownership of Marketing Communications support for Connected Solutions
• Responsible for Integrated Marketing Planning (IMP) process for this group
• Developing strategy and setting objectives whilst setting and owning budget
• Executing tactics to deliver set objectives
• Supervision and development of the NA team
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications:
College, university, or equivalent degree in marketing, communications or a related subject required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Base salary commensurate with experience and bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career at Cummins today.
Not ready to apply, but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website .