About the role|
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Site Manager to join our Regional team to work at Heathrow Airport.
What you'll be doing
As a Site Manager, you will:
- Lead the project team and manage the supply chain to deliver projects to time, cost and quality targets and standards.
- Ensure safety targets and standards are maintained by knowing what safety excellence looks like and communicate safety with passion and credibility in order to inspire, motivate and lead the project team to achieve the vision
- Ensure that project plans and schedules are robust and optimise project resources and timescales and are communicated effectively to the project team
- Manage Sub Contractors, including monitoring of contractor attendance and progress; providing direct instruction and support as necessary such that contractual arrangements are achieved.
- Participate with the management of internal/external design team/consultants to meet project deadlines under supervision from a Contract or Project Manager
Who we're looking for
An appropriate and valid CSCS card.
- Have previous Site Management experience within the relevant industry
- Have the ability to communicate effectively is required in order to manage customer relationships, in addition to planning and organisation skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency.
- Have effective leadership skills, including experience of leading teams and confidence in the ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets
- Have the financial awareness to deliver targets, with a desire to continuously improve safety and sustainability performance.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to £2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and are a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme.
Closing Date: 31st October 2016