We engineer for lasting impact. |
At WorleyParsons we are creating value all around the world, and our professionals are driving it all with expertise and confidence. When you take your place on our team, you'll discover nearly endless opportunities to develop your career and you'll have the support and encouragement to be at your best.
Visit NA to explore our success, expertise and global reach.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The ability to work within a team environment with a minimum of supervision and to Client, Company and Industry standards
- The proven ability to oversee the preparation of design and detail drawings from sketches, plans or other design / specification data
- Ability to take on responsibility for the design and drafting of HV and LV electrical installations
- Direct the work of junior designers and ensure the drawings are in accordance with the client requirements and relevant project specifications
- Have the experience to participate in design review with various clients and to advise on technical design and drafting issues and compliance requirements as appropriate
- Be able to demonstrate a proven track record of completing a given work scope within time and budget constraints
- Responsible for the coordination of all electrical drawings
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the project, etc.
Experience and Qualifications
Our Culture and the Way We Work
- A Degree or certification in Electrical Design / Drafting; with a preference for an Electrical Engineering Degree
- Experience with the AutoCAD and Microstation design software packages
- Experience with the 3D CAD system, participate in 3D model reviews
- Specialization in the following: detailed drawings for lighting; small power and earthing systems; HV/LV single line diagrams; wiring and control schematic diagram; AC/DC distribution panels, process area electrical equipment layouts, cable tray, above grade and underground cable layouts, ductbank sizing and layouts, preparation of installation details, grounding plans, lightning layouts
- Cable schedules, Cable pulling calculations, cable tray sizing calculations, cable selection & sizing calculations,
- Lighting calculations (using software AGI32, DiaLux, etc.)
- Material take-offs, selection of bulk materials
- Heat Tracing system layouts
- Vendor data review and transfer of vendor data into 2D/3D files
- PDS EERWAY 3D Modeling, SmartPlant Review,
- MS Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Pro
Our distinctive culture is what sets us apart as an organization by defining who we are and what we believe. Our values of Leadership, Performance, Relationships and Agility and our "Way We Work" behaviors sit at the heart of this culture. Learn about Our Culture and Way We Work behaviours and imagine the impact you will make.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with WorleyParsons.
"WorleyParsons is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status."