|Job Ref:||11372BR||Employer:||MWH||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rickmansworth||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 04:02|
SMB, the joint venture between Skanska, MWH Global and Balfour Beatty, has been selected to deliver one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK. It will be providing design-and-build solutions for the development and delivery of Thames Water's £2billion to £3billion AMP6 investment programme in a 'super alliance' of industry-leading organisations. |
You will report directly to the (Technically) M&E Manager & (Functionally) Contracts Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
Main Purpose of Job:
The M&E Coordinator will provide effective coordination across all designers, client, supply chain and all SMB delivery functions to ensure the most cost efficient and effective delivery of MEICA elements of projects/programmes of work.
• Provide MEICA support to all SMB delivery functions;
• Coordinate, challenge and optimise the MEICA technical solutions;
• Ensure MEICA solutions comply with design and regulatory requirements;
• Ensure SMB projects are resourced with the correct level of M&E personnel
H&S and Environment:
Safety is the cornerstone of the SMB strategy.
• Recognise that Health and Safety considerations are central to all tasks and contribute to ensuring safe working environment for all.
Quality & Document Control
• Understand and implement the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Targets;
• Comply, as appropriate, with the processes contained within the SMB BMS;
• Suggest improvements to the SMB BMS when they become apparent;
• Provide an effective MEICA technical interface with the client and supply chain;
• Develop and own the MEICA technical delivery plan
• Coordinate, challenge and optimise the MEICA technical solution across all designers and the supply chain;
• Report into the management teams on all aspects of MEICA delivery including performance and cost, forecasting and key issues;
• Ensure compliance of the MEICA technical solutions with design and regulatory requirements;
• Operate rigorous change control procedures and deal effectively with technical queries;
• Establish a reputation for MEICA technical excellence;
• Provide MEICA technical support across the whole project lifecycle;
• Ensure early involvement and engagement with the commissioning teams;
• Capture and share best practice and embed and drive continuous improvement.
• MEICA Engineering background particularly design, design delivery and build within the water industry.
• Good commercial awareness and contractual experience
• In depth knowledge of sewage and water treatment processes, systems and M&E Plant and Equipment.
• Good working knowledge of water industry engineering practices, specifications and regulatory requirements.
• Good working knowledge of water industry supply chain.
• HNC/HND Engineering/Technical qualification.
• Relevant professional qualification an advantage
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)