|Job Ref:||2016-12556_Tampa, FL||Employer:||Golder Associates||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Tampa||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:01|
*Location:* US-Tampa, FL
*Job ID:* 2016-12556
*Area of Interest:* EN - Engineering Geology and Geology
*Job Type:* Full Time
*# of Positions:* 1
*Education (Minimum):* Bachelors Degree
*Posted Date:* 10/17/2016
*Experience (Years):* 0
*SLP:* J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WGRADVAC, J2WHYDROGEO
Golder Associates Inc. is seeking an Entry-Level Geologist/Hydrogeologist to join our team in Tampa, FL office. In this role you will provide support for civil, environmental, and ground engineering projects. Responsibilities will typically include:
* Planning and executing field investigations
* Compilation and interpretation of geological data in support of site investigations
* Supporting civil, geotechnical, environmental, and remediation projects
* Assisting with construction quality assurance assignments and construction oversight
* Performing technical analyses using computer-based tools
* Preparing technical reports and related figures
* Performing other technical/engineering-related tasks as directed
No international relocation available. Local applicants will receive primary consideration.
If you are looking to begin your career as a professional Geologist or Hydrogeologist and possess the following skills and attributes, we encourage you to apply.
* BS in geology from an accredited program, although a master's degree is strongly preferred
* GIT is required. Golder expects that the successful applicant will pursue registration as a Professional Geologist (PG).
* Fluency in common software such as Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
* Some knowledge of Civil 3D and willingness to learn more
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent analytical capabilities
* Willingness to regularly perform field assignments under varying weather conditions and terrains
* Willingness to travel. Golderâ€™s global network of offices allows for many opportunities to work on projects locally and around the world. We often have pressing needs for staff to assist clients on international projects, and travel to assist on these assignments may be required (up to two weeks at a time).
* Ability to lift and carry field equipment up to 25 pounds
* Must possess driverâ€™s license and a clean driving record
Our ideal candidate will also have the following skills and attributes:
* Experience in and understanding of mapping and surveying fundamentals
* Exhibit strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, spatial analysis/GIS or Civil 3D, and other data analysis tools.
* Ability to troubleshoot, problem-solve, multitask, and make decisions in the field
* Completed 40-hour OSHA Hazwoper
**While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.**
Our Staff Benefit from:
An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
Employee mentoring program
Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
At Golder Associates, we strive to be the most respected global group specializing in ground engineering and environmental services. Employee-owned since our formation in 1960, we have created a unique culture with pride in ownership, resulting in long-term organizational stability. Our professionals take the time to build an understanding of our clientsâ€™ needs and of the specific environments in which they operate. Golder has experienced steady growth in the number of people we employ and our technical capabilities. We now employ over 6,500 people who operate from more than 160 offices across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.