|Job Ref:||2016-12558||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Toronto||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:02|
Junior Socio-Economic Impact Assessment Specialist|
Job ID: 2016-12558
Area of Interest: EN - Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
Job Type: Contract
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): College Diploma
Posted Date: 10/17/2016
Experience (Years): 2
SLP: J2WENVIRONMENT, J2WPROJECTS
We are actively seeking a new team member in our Social Management and Environmental Assessment team in Golder's downtown Toronto office. To be considered for this role, you should have at least 2 years of professional experience in public or Aboriginal regulatory consultation, socio-economic impact assessment, or land use impact assessment.
Duties include the following:
* Supporting the development of Socio-Economic and Traditional and Non-Traditional Land Use Impact Assessments for provincial, territorial and federal regulatory processes
* Supporting Public Consultation and Aboriginal Engagement activities for environmental assessments and other environmental applications and processes, including:
* Consultation logistics coordination (e.g, scheduling of public meetings and open houses, booking venues)
* Development of plain language materials for public consultation activities
* Stakeholder issue tracking database management
* Drafting reports and project documents in support of the above tasks.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
* Degree or Diploma in Social or Environmental Sciences (preferably sociology, anthropology, political sciences, international development, international relations, human geography, or equivalent) - Master's degree is preferable.
* Strong writing skills, ability to analyze and interpret technical material and develop comprehensive written content for non-technical and technical audiences. Ability to develop clear and concise written and graphical material. Ability to write proposal material which promotes and markets Golder's social management services.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe InDesign or equivalent graphic design program.
* Ability to collect publically available materials from credible sources that can be referenced and included in environmental assessments.
* Ability to understand, communicate and present technical information to other practitioners, clients and the public.
* Experience working with the public and other stakeholders (e.g. regulators, NGOs, business community).
* Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced consulting environment.
* Ability to function in a team setting, take ownership of tasks and work to deadlines.
* Ability to work across several projects at one time, highly effective organisational skills and interested in learning about Project coordination and management.
* Experience working with geospatial information, including Land Information Ontario and Natural Resource Canada's CANVEC databases are an asset.
* Experience in the power, transmission, mining, or oil and gas sectors is an asset.
* Experience working with Aboriginal communities is an asset.
* French language skills are an asset.
Our Staff Benefit from:
An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
Employee mentoring program
Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
At Golder Associates, we strive to be the most respected global group specializing in ground engineering and environmental services. Employee-owned since our formation in 1960, we have created a unique culture with pride in ownership, resulting in long-term organizational stability. Our professionals take the time to build an understanding of our clients' needs and of the specific environments in which they operate. Golder has experienced steady growth in the number of people we employ and our technical capabilities. We now employ over 6,500 people who operate from more than 160 offices across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.