Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW247854||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Herndon||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:11|
Job Description |
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design; I/O design; firmware development; model formulation; manufacturing and development cost projections; computer architecture analysis and design; and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling; simulation; and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies; analyzes; and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications; input/output processes; and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients; participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
• Demonstrated experience with Linux platform (i.e. RHEL; CentOS) including administration; management; and troubleshooting • Experience building and deploying automated server and workstation builds across an enterprise infrastructure with environments that are logically separated • Understanding of proactive monitoring concepts; including experience configuring and deploying network and systems monitoring (i.e. SNMP; Nagios; Splunk; SolarWinds; etc.) • Experience with patching and maintaining server build • Understanding of open source frameworks; with experience deploying various open source packages and/or application stacks into sponsor•s production landscape • Ability to deploy and maintain Linux baseline for physical and virtual platforms • Ability to develop and maintain capacity metric • Demonstrated knowledge of the following infrastructure principles: o Fault tolerance o High availability o Scalability and Capacity planning o Data center organization o Backup/Recovery • Research emerging technologies to determine impact on application/system integration and execution • Work with developers/engineers across disciplines to define customer and system requirements and design a solution that meets current and future requirements • Excellent verbal and written communication skills with regard to developing project briefings; updating system designs; rack elevations; wiring diagrams and system outage after action reports • Understanding of all phases of the software development life cycle; the systems engineering life cycle; and the ability to comprehend user business needs and concerns • Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware/software issues; restore the environment to an operational state with minimal downtime; perform root cause analysis and provide a forward leaning mitigation strategy • Demonstrated knowledge of at least three of the following technologies: o Encryption o IDS/IPS o Firewalls o Anti-virus o VPNs o SSL
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.