Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW249476||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Fairfax||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:11|
Job Description |
• *This job posting is contingent upon contract award*
The Project Manager supports the Office of Child Care as manager of the National Center on Child Care Data and Reporting program.
1. Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work; financial and business development activities.
2. Supervises assigned technical and administrative staff; including subordinate managers; and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
3. Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities; negotiate tasks; and solve problems.
4. Responsible for profitability and revenue growth of assigned program(s).
5. Assures quality of program products; services; and deliverables; including participating in reviews; audits; and site visits.
6. Performs business development activities; including the preparation and review of technical and cost proposals.
7. Performs program financial management services; including financial analysis; budget and cost quote preparation; cost management; reconciliation; and profit enhancement.
8. Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
9. Develops; reviews; and approves plans; schedules; consulting agreements and other program documents.
10. Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
11. Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Education/Equivalent Training Required
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science; Information Systems; Engineering; Business; or other related discipline.
Experience (state type and preferred # of years)
Requires a minimum of twelve years of general experience; of which at least nine years must be specialized. Specialized experience includes: project development from inception to deployment; expertise in management and control of funds and resources using complex reporting mechanisms; demonstrated capability in managing multi-task contracts and/or sub-contracts of various types and complexities. General experience includes increasing responsibilities in information systems design and/or management.
1. With a Master's Degree (in the fields described above): ten years of general experience of which at least seven years specialized experience is required.
2. With a Ph.D (in the fields described above): eight years of general experience of which at least six years specialized experience is required.
3. Knowledge/experience in the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program.
ï¿½ Requires BS/BA.
10-12 years of related experience; including supervisory experience.
Alternative qualifications: 1. With a Master•s Degree (in the fields described above): ten years of general experience of which at least seven years specialized experience is required. 2. With a Ph.D (in the fields described above): eight years of general experience of which at least six years specialized experience is required. Unique/Additional Requirements 1. Experience managing web application development projects using Java technology 2. Experience developing software development project plans using an Agile/Scrum development methodology 3. Experience soliciting business and system requirements Strongly preferred: 1. Experience managing IT infrastructure/software development or data analytic projects. 2. Knowledge/experience in the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.