Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-15833||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Tampa||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:11|
Job Description |
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
(a) Coordinates the data administration technical function for both data warehouse development and maintenance.
(b) Facilitates change control, problem management, and communication among data architects, programmers, analysts, and engineers.
(c) Establishes and enforces processes to ensure a consistent, well managed, and well-integrated data warehouse infrastructure.
(d) Analyzes and identifies data and metadata requirements.
(e) Defines user requirements and database design specifications.
(f) Designs, implements, and supports data warehousing requirements. Implements business rules via stored procedures, middleware, or other technologies.
(g) Provides product support and maintenance of the data warehouse.
(h) Performs data warehouse design and construction.
(i) Prepares/implements data verification and testing methods for the data warehouse.
1. Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Tests designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
8. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Analysts.
9. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Security+ CE required
Combatant Command experience required
5-8 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.