Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-15331||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Tampa||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:11|
Job Description |
Manages the overall activities of network voice operations. Responsible for the long-term planning for voice networks, including circuit forecasts, traffic studies, budgets and other network performance reports. Plans integration of new voice technologies into network. Oversees ordering process to effectively and economically meet grade of service objectives. Plans new routing revisions to ensure the network databases are consistent with network plans. Ensures that traffic planning software is developed and revised to accurately report traffic levels. Responsible for the employment, training, motivation, discipline and performance evaluation of assigned employees. Participates in planning and policy development issues. Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
2. Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. Provides work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
• CCNA required; CCNP preferred
• ITIL v3 Certification preferred
• DoDI 8570.01m certification preferred
• Knowledge of Cisco Telepresence Video Communications Server Control
• Knowledge of Cisco Unified Call Manager
• Knowledge of Acano Platform
• Knowledge of Telepresense Management Suite (TMS)
• 8-10 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
• Has full technical knowledge of all phases of network operations and analysis
• Excellent communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
• Provides technical guidance and leadership to engineers with less experience
• Anticipates questions and is prepared with answers; may be required to provide clear written documentation on network procedures
• Provides effective mentoring to staff; Promotes staff development
• Must be able to analyze network performance, conduct statistical tests and create solutions to network problems, often highly complex in nature
• Creates new solutions to the most complex network problems
• Detail oriented and organized; able to understand network measurement criteria and be exact in assessments
• Must closely follow network protocols and methodology
• Reviews the work of others and is able to detect errors or needed modifications
• Able to identify and resolve problems or inadequacies of network analysis
• May manage multiple budgets; ensures no cost overruns
• Maintains organized ordering process
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.