Job Description |
- General Dynamics IT has an opening for a Business Analyst in New Orleans; LA.
Successful candidate must be able to pass a government background investigation. Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen and resided in the country for the last 3 years with no longer than a 90 day absence.
Seeking a motivated and energetic Business Analyst to join our superb team of software professionals. We want a dedicated individual to gather requirements and determine software design specifications to support our expert software development team.
Sr. Systems Analyst:
- Participates in the design; development; analysis; and implementation of software operating systems and software application programs
- Works under general supervision; performs software operating systems and application engineering; including full life cycle design and development
- Participates in the design; coding; testing; debugging; and documentation of programs; participates in the definition of limited design specifications and parameters; assists engineers or analysts with the hardware/software integration of the application or utility into software operating systems
- Analyzes system architecture requirements; performs requirements acquisition and definition and data analysis; analyzes and documents client needs and requirements; participates in the writing; modifying; and maintaining of technical and system documentation
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned; participates in special projects as required.
- Develops computer system and software specifications using an Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Reviews; analyzes; and evaluates existing and proposed changes based on needs and requirements.
- Elicits; gathers; documents; and analyzes business requirements and process workflows.
- Creates and updates documentation (e.g.; requirements analysis; use cases; user stories; and level of effort/resource estimates) for existing and new complex computer systems.
- Analyzes detailed system factors; including input/output requirements; information flow; hardware/software requirements; and reliability characteristics.
- Ensures business objectives are accomplished and aligned with overall business strategies.
- Works with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other stakeholders to gather business processes; business requirements; identify and mitigate risks; and coordinate project plans.
- Defines scope and objectives; analyzes business processes; documents requirements; identifies and mitigates risk; resolves system design problems; and coordinates project plans.
- Works as part of a team to perform quality assurance reviews of specifications for internal and external delivery
- Works with the various teams to troubleshoot and provide technical support.
- Works with team members to develop; enhance; and maintain analytical tools (e.g.; Team Foundation Server (TFS) for requirements specification and management) for use in designing and redesigning systems.
- Works with multiple project teams to develop and implement solutions.
- Delivers requirements related project artifacts.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science; Business Management; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
5-8 years of directly related computer or business systems analysis experience.
Strong interpersonal presentation and communication skills.
Ability to write clear; concise and effective correspondence; requirements documents; procedures and acceptance criteria in accordance with policies.
Knowledge of the fundamental concepts; practices; and procedures used in computer programming.
Experience in developing requirements in an Agile; Water Fall or Scrum Environment. PREFERRED SKILLS
Experience in the oil and gas industry.
Experience with business process workflow modeling software.
TFS; SharePoint; Visual Studio Source Control; Visio; MS Office; and Oracle experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.