WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA |
The Applicant Services Administrator (ASA) is responsible for performing tasks prior to, during and after presidential declared disasters in support of a Housing Inspection Services contract with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
The primary functions include;
This is a part time temporary position involving periodic overtime with little to no notice.
• conducting customer service surveys for completed inspections,missed appointments, and withdrawn applications.
• The ASA also contacts applicants in No Contact status and conducts quality control surveys on field inspectors.
• The ASA is under the operational direction of the Applicant Services Manager.
• Adhering to standard operating procedure at PB Disaster Services on a daily basis
• Providing feedback on ways to improve functionality and effectiveness of internal database
• Assisting the Inspector Services Department in scheduling inspectors for workshops
• Following up with inspectors to help ensure compliance with FEMA background check and other contract requirements when needed
• Referring callers to appropriate department in order to receive information and assistance
• Assisting other departments when needed and other duties as assigned
Other duties as assigned
• Conducting customer service surveys by phone on complete, withdrawn, and missed appointment applications
• Contacting applicants in a No Contact status and routing the application to the field for completion. This requires close communication with the inspector in the field and the Production Department
• Contacting inspectors to receive feedback on their quality control inspections
• Utilizing PB's in house Applicant Services database to add, edit and access data
• Utilizing FEMA's NEMIS database to add, edit and access data
• Contacting inspectors in anticipation of disaster deployment to determine availability
• Being well versed in standard deployment protocol and procedures
• Contacting inspectors for deployment and recording all call attempts and results accurately
• Providing inspector with necessary travel and deployment details
WSP | PB is required to have personnel and equipment on-site anywhere in the United States or its possessions within 24 hours of notification to begin the inspection process.
• Candidate should be willing to work long hours and be on call when necessary with little to no notice
• Positive attitude and professionalism is a must
• The ability to work accurately and under tight deadlines is desired
• The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of experience in the administrative/customer service field
• A high school diploma is required, BA preferred
• Strong customer service skills, written and verbal communication skills, and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook are necessary
U.S. Citizenship is required for all project positions. WSP|Parsons Brinkerhoff is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. The selected candidate must undergo pre-employment drug screening. As a contractor to FEMA, we require all selected candidates to undergo a criminal background investigation and fingerprint analysis. Only candidates who FEMA rates favorably will be selected for employment.
EOE - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity