|Job Ref:||RW248845||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Charlottesville||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:11|
Job Description |
Researches; designs; develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs; develops; codes; tests; and debugs complex new software products; or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
2. Researches and integrates design strategies; product specifications; development schedules; and user expectations into product capabilities.
3. Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
4. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
5. Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
6. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals; system documentation; and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems; such as storage capacity; processing speed; and input/output requirements.
9. Prepares reports on analyses; findings; and project progress.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
IAT Level II certification required; ITIL V3; Agile certification recommended
8-10 years of related software development experience.
Eight years MS; Linux / Unix Systems Administration; Network Administration; Database Administration or combination experience.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities: - Accountable for all Microsoft (MS) related software (e.g. operating systems; servers; AD; etc.) requirements and manages the hands-on; day-to-day issues related to same - Responsible for security; maintenance; performance and accountability of MS assets. - Responsible for Enterprise VMware Services and VMs - Has the communication skills to effectively interface with military officials; managers; and subordinates.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.