Job Description |
General Dynamics IT has openings for a Depot Imaging Specialist to support USDA FSIS in Columbia; MD.
The preferred candidate will be responsible for processing equipment requests that are received from customers. The preferred candidate will also be responsible for managing a ticket queue; and ensuring that the requests are fulfilled in a timely manner which meets the expectations set forth by our SLAs (Service Level Agreements) with the customer. The preferred candidate will also be expected to image laptops in bulk; and to provision the laptop specifically to meet the needs of the customer. The preferred candidate will additionally be responsible for packing the equipment to prepare for shipment to the customer on a daily basis.
The position requires an individual which is self-motivated and is able to keep up in a fast paced environment. It also requires technical skills and an understanding of various technological equipment that is used in a business environment. The candidate will use their previous experience as well as established procedures to process equipment requests that meet the needs of the customer in a timely manner. They will be responsible for documenting their efforts using a ticketing system while making sure the appropriate communication is occurring to the customer.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Manage a ticket queue on a daily basis and processing anywhere from 10-40 tickets a day depending on workload
- Package IT equipment for shipment; while making sure it is secure and meets the needs of the customer
- Image laptops for distribution
- Handle customer escalations as requested
- Verify with the customer that the request(s) have been fulfilled and update the ticketing system to reflect the most up-to-date status of their request
- Actively contribute to on-going process improvement
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned
- Must excel in a fast-paced; agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success
- Ability to handle clients professionally during all interfaces
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain an inventory of all equipment stored in the warehouse
Associates degree or better in the Information Technology or Logistics field. Relevant IT/Service Desk/Logistics experience of 1 year or more may also be accepted in place of an accredited degree.
1-3 YEARS OF RELATED ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Strong communication; interpersonal and analytical skills
- Experience with using hard drive encryption software is a plus • Reliable employment history with strong attendance and punctuality records
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service to the FSIS/USDA end-user base
- Experience with using Norton Ghost or other imaging software is a plus
- Strong knowledge of MS operating systems and applications; specifically Windows XP and Windows 7
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic environment • Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Candidate must have a strong sense of ownership; initiative and professionalism
- Knowledge of Outlook/Exchange; VPN and wireless technologies
- Ability to work independently; as well as; in a team environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies; with a good writing standard in order to convey technical direction
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize; multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Certifications in ITIL; MCP; CCNA; Security +; Network+ or equivalent experience are a plus