Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW248662||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Niceville||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:12|
Job Description |
Problem managers require extensive experience to minimize both the number and severity of incidents and potential problems. The problem manager aims to reduce the adverse impact of incidents and problems that are caused by errors within the information technology (IT) infrastructure; while preventing the reoccurrence of incidents. Problem managers must possess a strong knowledge of the areas in which potential problems may arise.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
• Two years of experience with problem management or supporting skills and the ability to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of problem management processes in a dynamic service environment
• Ability to effectively communicate within a team environment and across organizational levels to include co-workers; managers; and the Government
• Strong communication skills; both written and verbal; and very strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently or with a team and multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Self-starter with strong technical skills and ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Strong analytical skills using Microsoft Excel; or equivalent data tools
• A working knowledge and applied skills in the Information Technology Information Library (ITIL); preferably ITIL v3
Security Plus certification or an equivalent DoD 8570 Certification is required; Typical duties include: • Proactive problem identification • Problem categorization and prioritization • Problem diagnosis and resolution • Problem and error control • Problem closure and evaluation • Major problem review • Problem management reporting
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.