Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW248629||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Niceville||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:12|
Job Description |
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
1. Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs computer systems to process data.
2. Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
3. Writes or updates software specifications.
4. Creates logical data models based on functional requirements.
5. Performs quality assurance review of specifications for internal and external delivery.
6. Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
7. Develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems.
8. Analyzes detail systems factors; including input and output requirements; information flow; hardware and software requirements; and reliability characteristics.
9. Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing systems.
10. Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user needs.
11. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Information Systems; Computer Science; Engineering; a Mathematics-intensive discipline; or a similar field.
5-8 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
Self-starter with excellent organizational and listening skills and knowledgeable in industry standard hardware and software development practices.
Typical duties include: • Analyzing systems hardware and software problems and developing technical solutions • Translating user and systems requirements into functional technical specifications • Writing and maintaining detailed systems documentation; including user manuals and technical manuals • Acting as a liaison between developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and end user satisfaction • Applying hardware and software engineering expertise to lead application development and testing. • Analyzing the architecture and quality of hardware and software systems. • Utilizing knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design concepts; design patterns; and data structures.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.