Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW248518||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||North Carolina||City:||Jacksonville||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:12|
Job Description |
Motor Operations Specialist shall coordinate operation; employment; maneuver and maintenance functions for tactical and Garrison Mobile Equipment (GME) wheeled vehicles supporting garrison and training operations; to include using AIS such as GCSS-MC.
Fabricates; installs; maintains; and repairs electronic; mechanical; and/or other types of components and equipment.
1. Installs; maintains; repairs; overhauls; troubleshoots; modifies; constructs and tests various types of electrical; electronic; and/or mechanical equipment and related devices.
2. Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve complex problems.
3. Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment.
4. Modifies circuitry to improve performance.
5. Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems.
6. Provides operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel.
7. Prepares operating and malfunction reports and related documentation.
8. Assists engineering staff in determining and solving equipment design problems.
9. May perform quality assurance testing of assemblies and equipment fabricated by other technicians.
10. May provide work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
High School Diploma with 3-5 yrs of related experience supporting military operations
3-5 years of directly related experience supporting engineering operations.
Contractor shall able to obtain an operators' license for non-tactical/tactical Government-owned equipment and be certified to transport hazardous materials. Prefer candidate with military experience at the MOS 3531 Motor Transport Operations level.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.