Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW248516||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||North Carolina||City:||Fayetteville||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:12|
Job Description |
Responsible for the analysis; administration and support of voice; video; and/or data communications networks.
1. Analyzes; administers and maintains voice; video; and/or data communications networks.
2. Manages the usage and performance of voice; video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software; including peripheral; output; and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
IAT Level II certification required; NetApp NCDA recommended
5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
Day-to-Day Job Responsibilities: - Responsible for support tools; processes; and policies for storage networks and storage services. - Design; install; configure; upgrade and administer global enterprise Network Area Storage (NAS)/Storage Area Network (SAN) systems up to 10 petabytes. Manage scheduled backups of the site•s data on multiple platforms and networks. - Provide stable and reliable operations of the storage environments. Align backup strategies with operational requirements. Address and implement IAVA updates; maintain STIG compliance and OS currency of all NAS devices. - Administer and maintain NETApp•s SnapManager suite of backup and recovery tools such as Snap Manager for Exchange; SharePoint; MS SQL and Oracle. Please note: Position may require moderate to strenuous physical activity; standing or sitting for long periods; lifting hardware and related equipment; reaching into areas to connect cables; power lines; etc.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.