Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW248467||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Crystal City||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:12|
Job Description |
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization; coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential; successful; and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure; applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks; systems; and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies; through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments; including user accounts; application access; file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Specific requirements per this contract:
The International Security Specialist will perform daily administrative security duties in support of the international SAP program. OCONUS travel may be required.
The International Security Specialist will perform the following responsibilities:
ï¿½ Will process PARs; transmit SAP information to and from the international partners/participants coordinate and oversee all International Security Support Services activities
ï¿½ Ensure all required documentation is submitted by the partners/participants and provide staff assistance visits to aid the local security managers with any concerns or issues
ï¿½ Transmit SAP information to and from the international partners/participants
ï¿½ Ensure all required documentation is submitted by the partners/participants in a timely manner
ï¿½ Provide staff assistance visits to aid the local security managers with any concerns or issues.
ï¿½ Develop all pertinent security documentation (Access Management Control Plans; Project Security Instructions; Security Agreements; and Security Classification Guides) for new participants and update current security documentation for existing partners/participants.
ï¿½ Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; professional training or work experience.
5-8 years of related experience in data security administration.
Required Skills: • Experience with SAPF construction and SAP operations • In-depth knowledge of the JAFAN series security requirements • Ability to constructively engage and resolve challenging situations • Available to work before/after typical office hours as work may demand • Independent self-starter; proactive and professional assertive • Effective oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; and computer literacy • Proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word; Excel; PowerPoint and Outlook) • Strong analytical and problem solving skills • Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills • Ability to multitask The International Security Administrator shall possess a Top Secret clearance with a Periodic Reinvestigation no older than five years.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.