Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW248463||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Herndon||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:12|
Job Description |
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs expert-level systems development and design work that may include logic design; I/O design; firmware development; model formulation; manufacturing and development cost projections; computer architecture analysis and design; and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling; simulation; and analysis.
3. Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs.
4. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
5. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements. 6. Identifies; analyzes; and resolves system problems.
7. Determines system specifications; input/output processes; and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
8. Serves as a technical team or task lead.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. Serves as liaison with clients; participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
11. May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
2. Masters degree preferred.
15-20 years of related systems engineering experience.
Required Skills: • Ten or more years of experience providing computer system engineering services and/or WAN engineering services. • Experience with planning; configuring; implementing; and maintaining IP network infrastructure products including routers; switches; wireless networking; VPN•s; IDS/IPS; Firewalls; One Way Transfer (OWT) appliances. • Demonstrated experience with computer and network security principles. • Two or more years of experience designing and configuring cloud computing solutions. Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience preferred. • Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Software Defined Networks and OpenFlow. • Experience with desktop and server operating systems such as Windows Server (2008R2/2012R2); Windows Workstation (7/8.1); Linux (Redhat/Debian/Ubuntu); and OSX operating systems. • Two or more years of experience installing and configuring virtual machines using VMWare or equivalent products. • Knowledge and experience with encryption products; methodologies; configuration. • Experience with Network Management products such as HP OpenView; Solarwinds. • Experience writing technical documents using Microsoft Word. • Experience with Microsoft Visio. • Candidate must have one or more of the following certifications. Preferred certifications are highlighted with an *. o Amazon Certified Solutions Architect • Associate or similar cloud certification * o VMWare Certified Professional vSphere 5 (VCP5) * o Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS) Desired Skills: • Experience with one or more of the following network operating systems • Cisco iOS; NXOS; JunOS. • Hands on experience with Network Packet Capture Appliances/Applications; such as Netwitness; Solera; Probe; Wireshark; Snort. • One of more of the following Certifications: o Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) o Project Management Professional (PMP) o Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or IT Professional (MCITP) o Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.