Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW248452||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||California||City:||Camp Pendleton||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:12|
Job Description |
The Sr. Logistic Specialist plans; coordinates; executes and/or assists in execution of all logistics functions; to include: Supply; Maintenance; Transportation; General Engineering; Health Services; and Services. Other functional responsibilities include Ammunition; Environmental Compliance; Fiscal; Logistics Modernization; Maintenance Management and Safety.
The candidate will serve as part of a team providing maintenance; maintenance management; and logistics support to the Marine Corps Special Operations Command. Responsibilities include managing all aspects of Embarkation and Logistics support to include providing advice; guidance; and assistance to equipment managers and maintenance personnel who perform maintenance in preparation for deployment.
Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis; organization; planning and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning; spares; maintenance and/or repair activities.
1. Analyzes standard contractual documents; technical data; customer usage data; customer maintenance practices; customer operation characteristics; and related reports for assigned contracts to determine spares provisioning or maintenance/repair requirements.
2. Develops logistics plans in order to enhance distribution of goods and supplies.
3. Follows established policies; guidelines; and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
4. Conducts distribution and network studies; monitors inventory and analyzes requirements in order to develop strategies to achieve desired delivery times.
5. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced staff members; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; professional training; or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related experience in logistics; traffic and/or supply chain management.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.