Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW248306||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Chantilly||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:12|
Job Description |
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design; I/O design; firmware development; model formulation; manufacturing and development cost projections; computer architecture analysis and design; and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling; simulation; and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies; analyzes; and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications; input/output processes; and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.
Provides a total system perspective including a technical understanding of relationships; dependencies; and requirements of hardware and software components. Knowledgeable in life-cycle support including maintenance; administration and management. Creates; drafts; and views program documentation; and participates in system and program reviews. Participates in formal and informal reviews to determine quality. Must be able to track project studies; plans; action items; etc. Ensures coordination and information flow between all programs and within the organization. IAT 2 or higher; CNDSP Infrastructure Support - 8570 Certification requirement Required Skills: The successful candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong work ethic. He/she must be able to provide a total system perspective including a technical understanding of relationships; dependencies; and requirements of hardware and software components. Be knowledgeable in life-cycle support including maintenance; administration and management. Creates; drafts; and views program documentation; and participates in system and program reviews. Participates in formal and informal reviews to determine quality. Must be able to track project studies; plans; action items; etc. Ensures coordination and information flow between all programs and within the organization. Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; both IAT 2 and CNDSP Infrastructure Support. An appropriate IAT 2 certification would be one of the following: GSEC; Security + CE; SSCP; CCNA-Security; CISA; GCIH; GCED; CISSP; or CASP CE. An appropriate CNDSP Infrastructure Support certification would be one of the following: CEH or SSCP. In addition; must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date. In some circumstances; Certified Ethical Hacker training will be provided to cover the CNDSP Infrastructure Support certification requirement. If selected; certification must be obtained 30 days after training completion date. As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a Polygraph if requested.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.