About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff is seeking a Drainage Engineer II to work in the Transportation Design group in Herndon, VA. The primary focus will be Drainage Design and Stormwater Management for Highway Projects as well as other activities requiring knowledge of principles and techniques for traditional delivery of transportation projects as well as design-build projects.
• Responsible for Stormwater Management and Drainage Design, including independent work, and performing calculations for detailed segments of a project for review and approval.
• Work as part of a design team to continually seek to identify and implement improved technical solutions throughout final design.
• Develop and modify complex hydraulic models using Visual Basic
• May supervise, assign tasks to, and coordinate work with entry-level engineers or less experienced staff on the project team.
• Coordinate with design and construction leads throughout all phases of a design project.
• Collaborate with design and construction team during the pursuit phase to develop creative and innovative technical solutions.
• Perform quality assurance/quality control, ensuring that cost, schedule and quality objectives are met for transportation engineering activities.
EOE - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
• BS degree in Civil Engineering.
• Minimum of four (4) years' experience in highway drainage design and plan production.
• Experience with hydrology, hydraulics and stormwater management design.
• Knowledge and understanding of the new Virginia Stormwater Management Law
• Virginia Professional Engineering (PE) License or ability to obtain within six months.
• Experience on Transportation Projects for both VDOT and Local Municipalities in Virginia
• Knowledge of Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Standards and Criteria for Drainage Design, including the VDOT Drainage Manual.
• Knowledge of VDOT Standards and Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction, including plan development standards
• Experience with programming languages, particularly Visual Basic
• The selected candidate MUST be able to work in the United States immediately, without sponsorship.
• Local candidates preferred