Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW245425||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Norfolk||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:12|
Job Description |
Provides senior level engineering support to operate; maintain; and develop upgrades for a major Navy business enterprise network operations center.
1. Analyzes data communications networks; including planning; designing; evaluating; selecting; and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators; bridges; and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering; or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration. Candidates should have: Expert knowledge of Cisco series switches; Knowledge and experience with DOD IA compliance policies and procedures; Demonstrated proficiency in BGP; EIGRP; STP; VTP; ACLs; and Layer 2 and Layer 3 network switching/routing; Knowledge in NetScreen; sRX and Cisco ASA; and Juniper firewall configuration. Candidate must be able to support 24x7x365 on call requirement.
Candidates must have active Secret level clearance and current Comp TIA Security + or higher level certification
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.