Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW250295||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Massachussetts||City:||Westwood||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
General Dynamics is seeking Field Engineers Southeast regions of Massachusetts for the installation; configuration; maintenance; and servicing of electrical / electronic / mechanical equipment at Massachusetts Next Generation (NG) 911 Public Service Answering Points (PSAP).
Positions are telecommute from home office and client sites with occasional visits to the GDIT in Westwood; GDIT warehouse in Norwood; as well as Data Center locations in Andover; MA; Northboro; MA; and Springfield; MA
1. Perform the installation; configuration; maintenance; repair; overhaul; troubleshooting; modification; construction and testing of various types of electrical; electronic; and/or mechanical equipment and related devices that comprise the Next Generation 911 architecture at individual PSAPs. This includes Cisco ISR routers; Cisco switches; Dell PowerEdge servers; serial device servers; FXS gateways; remote ringers; workstations; IP phones; USB keypads; managed power distribution units; UPS; and NTP servers. Cabinet grounding; patch cord installation; coax baling; and equipment de-installation
2. Typically supervise non-exempt Field Technicians and subcontractor technicians during PSAP site deployments
3. Collaborates with assigned GDIT PSAP Project Manager and GDIT Implementation Manager to ensure installation is completed in accordance with the approved design; site deployment schedule; and project budget
4. Performs as the site technical lead during the course of site installation; testing; cutover; and post cutover support; Contributes to successful final acceptance of the PSAP
5. Provides timely and accurate project status to the assigned GDIT PSAP Project Manager and GDIT Implementation Manager
6. Participates in special projects as required
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications; or training; or work experience. Familiary with Next Generation 911 hardware/software/applications preferred but not required.
2-5 years of related experience in the installation; configuration; and testing of IP networking. Effective supervisory and communication skills. Organized with an ability to multi-task. Familiarity with Windows; Linux; server virtualization; Cisco routing/switching preferred
The work is typically performed at client site locations; which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials; boxes or equipment. The above job description is not intended to be; nor should it be construed as; exhaustive of all responsibilities; skills; efforts; or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.