Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW250063||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||-||City:||Ramat Gan||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
This is the Lead Engineer position driving the creation of three (3) state-of-the-art Data Centers across Israel in support of the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF). Extremely unique and exciting opportunity to be part of something highly challenging and enduring. Candidate designs and defines system architecture for new Data Center construction from the ground up.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design; I/O design; firmware development; model formulation; manufacturing and development cost projections; computer architecture analysis and design; and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling; simulation; and analysis.
3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
7. Identifies; analyzes; and resolves system problems.
8. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
9. Determines system specifications; input/output processes; and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as liaison with clients; participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
Experience with application virtualization required.
Experience establishing large scale data center required.
Experience in migration of data and providing end-to-end system integration of a large data center.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.