Job Description |
Responsible for the design and development of voice; video; and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes voice; video;and/or data communications networks; including planning; designing; evaluating; selecting; and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators; bridges; and other devices.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering; or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
- Minimum 5-10 Years of Network and Engineering experience with Juniper products.
- Experience Evaluating; Designing; and Implementing Network and Security Technologies.
- Experience providing Tier3 Network Engineering support to Government Agencies Network/Security Operations Centers.
- Experience conducting tests and evaluations of network and security products.
- Experience configuring; maintaining; testing; and installing JUNOS patches and performing JUNOS code upgrades on Juniper network and security hardware.
- Experience providing Tier 3 engineering and administrator Juniper network equipment. Specifically; installation and configuration of Juniper EX; QFX switches and SRX firewall hardware.
- Ability to write and document weekly activities and provide monthly status report input.
- Willingness to support Network Maintenance activities after hours. (Occasional night and weekend support is required.)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Technical understanding of Juniper switches and firewalls as listed above.
- Technical understanding of Routing protcols.
- Technical understanding of installation and configuration networks to support cloud computing.
- Understanding of network and security architecture concepts.