Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW249961||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||North Carolina||City:||Jacksonville||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Logistics Specialists shall plan; coordinate; execute and/or assist in execution of all logistics functions; to include: Supply; Maintenance; Transportation; Ammunition; Environmental Compliance; Fiscal; Logistics Modernization; Maintenance Management and Safety. Supports customer logistics requirements through the analysis; organization; planning and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning; spares; maintenance and/or repair activities.
1. Analyzes standard contractual documents; technical data; customer usage data; customer maintenance practices; customer operation characteristics; and related reports for assigned contracts to determine spares provisioning or maintenance/repair requirements.
2. Develops logistics plans in order to enhance distribution of goods and supplies.
3. Follows established policies; guidelines; and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
4. Conducts distribution and network studies; monitors inventory and analyzes requirements in order to develop strategies to achieve desired delivery times.
5. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced staff members; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; professional training; or work/military experience.
Prefer former military experience at the MOS 0431 Logistics Specialist level.
8-10 years of related experience in logistics; traffic and/or supply chain management.
Experience using automated information systems (AIS) such as: Automated Air-load Planning System (AALPS); Defense Readiness Reporting System (DRSS); Integrated Computerized Deployment System (ICODES); Global Tracking Network (GTN); and Global Deployment Support System (GDSS); Joint Operation Planning Execution System (JOPES); MAGTF Deployment Support System (MDSS II); Total Life Cycle Management - Operational Support Tool (TLCM-OST); Global Combat Support System-Marine Corps (GCSS-MC); Single Mobility System (SMS); Special Operations Forces Sustainment and Asset Visibility Information Exchange (SSAVIE); and Defense Property Accounting System (DPAS).
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.