Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW249918||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Massachussetts||City:||Westwood||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
General Dynamics is seeking Principal System/Software Engineers in Westwood MA to support our statewide Massachusetts Next Generation 9-1-1 program. The MA NG911 program will modernize the statewide legacy E911 system into a secure Voice over IP, using centralize virtual system platforms to provide enhanced capabilities, adding emergency response to SMS/text, video, and web communications to the traditional land-line and cellular communications. The MA NG911 is one of the first implementations and is an exciting opportunity to help define the future of 911 services in the United States.
Researches; designs; develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications.
1. Troubleshoots and performs root cause analysis on applications and systems
2. OEM product familiarity with one or more of the following: Oracle/Acme Packet BCF and OCOM, VMWare, Linux, Windows, Cisco networking equipment and Active Directory MacAfee Orchestrator.
3. Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
4. Works with Network Operations and Service Desk personnel to perform system health checks and recommend preventative maintenance actions
5. Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
6. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals; system documentation; and training materials.
7. Prepares reports on analyses; findings; and project progress.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers.
9. May serve as a technical team or task leader, and participate in special projects as required
Day shift with possible on-call support
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems or software support experience. Familiarity with NG911 and the unique GDIT OEM Partner solutions
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.