Job Description |
General Dynamics IT has an opening for a Microsoft Project Scheduler in New Orleans; LA.
Successful candidate must be able to pass a government background investigation. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and a resident of the US for the previous 3 years with no longer than a 90 day absence.
Seeking a motivated and energetic Scheduler to join our superb team of software developers. We want a dedicated individual who wants to learn and expand their program support expertise.
- Provides project management support to a software development project:
- Provide comprehensive project management services.
- Develop and maintain schedules and integrated master schedules.
- Develop project management plans.
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure and activity coding.
- Integrate multiple project plans to a summary program portfolio plan. Identify and resolve resource and schedule conflicts and constraints among multiple projects.
- Experience in providing detailed analysis of project schedules; from project inception; through the development phases; to project completion.
- Monitor project progress and provide weekly status updates.
- Provide impact analysis of schedule changes; identify schedule variances and opportunities and proactively develop mitigation strategies for the Project Management team.
- Prepare various planning documents/milestones including cost and execution milestones; and development schedules.
- Prepare presentation packages including scheduling and analysis graphics.
- Monitor schedule deviations and variances and assist in developing corrective actions.
- Perform time impact analysis; and track changes that affect the schedule.
- Have an understanding of policies; methods; and procedures that includes advanced Planning and Scheduling techniques; Earned Value Management; Risk Analysis; Risk Management; and support of project objectives.
- Ability to work independently and interact professionally with Project Managers; team leaders; subcontractors and the Government Customer.
- MS Project experience supporting contracts in a civilian/DOD federal environment.
Bachelor's Degree in Business; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
Requires six to eight years' of program support and project scheduling experience. Also requires demonstrated organizational and communications skills; as well as a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications of MS Project (2013); Outlook; Word; and PowerPoint; and is skilled at performing data evaluation; formulas and metrics in Excel.
- Experience in scheduling; critical path analysis; earned value management; and using scheduling software such as Microsoft Project for managing tasks; collaboration; managing timelines; measuring progress; and generating reports.
- Experience producing and managing a resource/cost loaded schedule for the life cycle of a project from concept to engineering/design; to production and acceptance.
- Experience in creating and maintaining MS Project Plans (schedules) in a MS Project Server / MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) /MS SharePoint environment. Ability to develop complex queries to support schedule development and maintenance.
- Superior written; verbal; and interpersonal skills.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with fastidious attention to detail.
- Proven ability to support multiple projects and tasks at once; and effectively prioritize in a fast-paced work environment to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work professionally; effectively; and efficiently in a team environment with various stakeholders. Desired Skills:
- Experience using Visual Studio; Team Foundation Server (TFS); and Power Point.
- Ability to smoothly manage work assignments and excel in a stressful environment
- Experience supporting Software Development and the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Positive attitude and dedication *GDITHCSD
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.