Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW249522||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Killeen||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Ft. Hood; TX
Fabricates; installs; maintains; and repairs electronic; mechanical; and/or other types of components and equipment.
1. Installs; maintains; repairs; overhauls; troubleshoots; modifies; constructs and tests various types of electrical; electronic; and/or mechanical equipment and related devices.
2. Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve complex problems.
3. Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using specialized test and diagnostic equipment.
4. Modifies circuitry to improve performance.
5. Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems.
6. Provides operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel.
7. Prepares operating and malfunction reports and related documentation.
8. Works with engineering staff to determine and solve equipment design problems.
9. Performs quality assurance testing of assemblies and equipment fabricated by other technicians.
10. Provides work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Candidate will provide hardware and software repair; replacement; troubleshooting; installation and Over-the-Shoulder training support for the Warfighter Information Network-Tactical Increment 1 (WIN-T Inc 1). This system of systems includes the following equipment: Unit Hub Node; Regional Hub Node;Single Shelter Switch (SSS); Joint Network Nodes (JNN); Battalion Command Post Nodes (BnCPN); Network Operations (NetOps); JNN and BnCPN Satellite Transportable Terminals (STTs); and Master Reference Terminals (MRTs). Must be able to complete minor repairs; removing and replacing WIN-T Inc 1 components; and troubleshoot system hardware and software.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
Current CompTIA Security+ certification
Required DOD 8570 IAT Level - II
Military experience is highly desirable
5-8 years of directly related experience supporting engineering operations.
Experience interacting with senior military leaders.
Experience in prioritizing; coordinating; scheduling and executing support across multiple WFFs without direct supervision.
Demonstrated ability to perform all primary system functions across multiple WFFs without assistance.
Applicant must be able to deploy to hazardous duty locations.
Candidate must be able to maintain compliance with the standards of fitness requirement at all times throughout the period of performance of the task order.
Experience in supporting multiple Warfighter Function (WFF) applications - communication; networking; installation; operations; maintenance; interfaces; troubleshooting; and system support and administration. Perform software and hardware fault detection and isolation tasks across multiple WFFs. Provide over the shoulder system orientation without team leader assistance during unit exercises; such as CTC/MRC/JRTC rotation missions. Provide and compile integrated input on system documentation and support verification of documentation and training materials. Hands on experience with military SATCOM systems; and experience directly supporting a field exercise with the TMC systems as either an FSE or Military representative for the system.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.