Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW241981||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Dahlgren||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
GDIT is seeking Combat Systems Engineer in support of Systems Engineering and Training Analysis Services for the Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) with 6 years' experience in the operation and maintenance of U.S. Combat Systems. Experience in the analysis of baseline changes to the U.S. Combat Systems and translating them into modifications to CSCS training configurations. Experience in reading design documents; generating high level interface block diagrams; and producing innovative designs incorporating commercial equipment; part task trainer emulations and simulations to create flexible and cost effective training capabilities in support of CSCS in Dahlgren VA.
1. Provide engineering services for both Combat System Computer Program integration and consolidation and all future Open Architecture Baselines. This includes support for ACTS Tactical Team Coordinating Training (TTCT); Computer-Aided Sub-mode Trainer (CAST) Lesson Authoring System (CLASS) in replacement of CAST; Battle Force Tactical Training (BFTT); ACTS; Total Ship Training Connect (TSTC) Re-host utilizing Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) technology; and Synthetic Theatre of War LANs for shipboard
2. Provide technical support with the creation of models of functions or algorithms used within the current combat systems elements or in proposed functionality to permit evaluation of these functions to support tactical operations and training for various computer program performance tests and analyzes and documents results.
3. Provide engineering technical support to develop and implement the architecture to successfully integrate M&S systems with Battle Group/Amphibious Ready Group Command; Control; Communications; Computer and Intelligence (C4I) and combat systems in order to conduct Fleet Synthetic Training (FST) and other training in which M&S systems could support. Review metrics and develop updates to demonstrate the benefits of modeling and simulation in the training environment as used during the Inter-Deployment Training Cycle (IDTC) for intermediate and advanced phase training.
4. Development; preparation; and maintenance of Test Plans for fleet exercises. Develop and deliver training course material; training aides and documentation; including Computer Based Training (CBT) and Interactive Courseware (ICW).
5. Identifies and documents clients functional requirements in support of U.S. Navy Combat Systems and Training Systems to the submode level.
6. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers and/or engineering support staff.
7. Support the evaluation and analysis of TENCAP Systems developed by the National Intelligence Community and other agencies that may be utilized onboard surface combatants. These systems may include exploitation systems such as the Naval Fires Network and associated capabilities and shall support CSCS in articulating TENCAP requirements from war fighting and training perspective to the National Intelligence Community and other acquisition entities.
8. Provide analysis of Fleet and Joint operations through observation; research of lessons learned data bases and record message traffic; attendance at Post Deployment meetings and debriefings to determine the shortfalls in Navy and Joint training
9. Maintains current knowledge of emerging Aegis Combat Systems Programs and supporting relevant technologies as required.
10. Reviews; writes; and provides updates to technical documentation to include program updates and revisions.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience which would be: Six (6) years of Surface Combat Systems experience in: design; operations; engineering development; systems integration; lifetime support maintenance; or training development with various Surface Combat Systems.
1. Six (6) years of Surface Combat Systems experience in: design; operations; engineering development; systems integration;and maintenance of Surface Combat Systems.
Requires travel up to 10 % of time including international travel; must be fit enough to embark ship for 5-10 days. Experienced Incumbent candidates encouraged to apply: signing bonus available upon contract award for candidate with significant experience and technical acumen
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.