Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW249297||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Kimbolton||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
GDIT is seeking a Systems Engineer to support one of our new programs. The successful candidate will design and define system architecture for new or existing computer systems. Task associated with this position include:
1. Performs systems development and design work that may include logic design; I/O design; firmware development; model formulation; manufacturing and development cost projections; computer architecture analysis and design; and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling; simulation; and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies; analyzes; and resolves operating/hardware system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications; input/output processes; and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Additionally; participate in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations.
Participate in the development of system engineering documentation; such as System Engineering Plans; Initial Capabilities Documents; Requirements Specifications; and Interface Control Documents.
Participate in interface definition; design; and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle.
Derive from the system requirements an understanding of stakeholder needs; functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness.
Derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill; and ensure these requirements are complete; correct; unique; unambiguous; realizable; and verifiable.
Generate alternative system concepts; physical architectures; and design solutions. Develop system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis.
Develop derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality; Integrity; Non repudiation; and Availability); Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms; and Security Mechanism Technology.
Review and provide input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS); work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP).
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
2-5 years of related systems engineering experience.
Requires DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification.
Must have a CI Polygraph upon start.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.