Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW249272||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Dahlgren||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
1. Support instruction in a formal schoolhouse/classroom environment
2. Support instruction of advanced warfare tactics in a shipboard environment
3. Provide SME support to mission area curriculum development
4. Support training in a shipboard; combat system laboratory or staff environment
5. Support assessment of mission area capabilities at the Unit-level; Carrier Strike Group (CSG)/Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG)/Amphibious Readiness Group (ARG); Surface Action Group (SAG)/Surface Action Unit (SAU); Navy Component Commander (NCC)/Numbered Fleet Commander (NFC)/Joint Maritime Component Commander (JFMCC); or Commander Task Force (CTF) staff mission area readiness through direct observation or indirect analysis of performance metrics
6. Augment Navy afloat or shore staffs for emergent operations as defined by Fleet needs.
7. Review; update; and; when required; develop Tactical Memorandum (TACMEMO); Tactical Bulletins (TACBUL); Fleet Advisory Messages (FAMs); Joint Publications (JPs) ; Navy Warfare Publications (NWPs); and Navy Tactics; Techniques and Procedures (NTTP).
8. Participate; as required; in the Fleet Collaborative Team (FCT) to provide SME input to the process and products of the Warfighter Improvement Processes (WIP) for each mission area.
9. Participate in mission area related Navy; Joint and Combined seminars; conferences; and various other meet forums and provide input during the conference as directed. The contractor shall provide detailed meeting notes in the form of trip reports at the conclusion of the meeting.
10. Review or; when directed; draft white papers; point papers and power point presentations to prepare staff for meetings; conferences and seminars related to operations; planning and tactics development and details customer position; recommendation and gap analysis.
1. Bachelors Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
2. U.S. Navy Surface Warfare Officer (SWO) or Enlisted Surface Warfare Specialist (ESWS) qualification required.
3. U.S. Navy Interface Control Officer (ICO) (NEC 0350) or Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO) qualification required.
1. A minimum of twenty (20) years of Navy experience of which five (5) years of experience must have been aboard Navy Cruiser; Destroyer or Aircraft Carrier
2. Qualified and experienced in duties and responsibilities of an ICO/JICO
3. A minimum of three (3) years of experience teaching and/or instructing in a formal classroom setting.
4. Active Top Secret Clearance with a current investigation (SSBI/PR completed within last five years) that supports SCI eligibility is required.
1. Experience in U.S. Navy surface ship and Strike Group operations; policies and procedures. 2. Experience using the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Access; Excel; Power Point; Project and Word). 3. Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills. 4. Experience in evaluating and assessing mission area performance at both the unit and staff level. 5. Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative methods for assessment in relation to war-fighting readiness; capabilities; and capacities. 6. Familiarity with U.S. Navy fleet operational and tactical doctrine; concept of operations; standard operating procedures; and combat system tactics; techniques and procedures (TTP).
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.