Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW249141||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Virginia||City:||Herndon||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
IT Migration Manager
Responsible for the migration of data; applications and services from the existing legacy infrastructure to the new delivered solution.
Performs inventory; analysis; planning; designing; temporary infrastructure arrangements; migration of the applications and their data; post migration confirmation of the availability of applications and their data to its users as well as post-migration clean-up.
1. Participates in the design; maintenance; enhancement; coding; and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements; data relationships and attributes; data flow and storage requirements; and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage; researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality; including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability; monitoring activity; and documenting problems; changes; and solutions.
6. Coordinates testing of designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries; database structure and layout; installing; upgrading; and managing database applications.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced analysts; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline.
Master's degree preferred supplemented by relevant postgraduate qualifications; supported by relevant certificates/ diplomas.
Equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience may be considered if the above qualifications are not met.
ITIL Foundation v.3
V2011 Intermediate Service Design or Service Transition
CCIE Data Center
CCNA Data Center
CCNP Data Center
Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric Design Specialist
Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric Support Specialist
Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Design Specialist
Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Support Specialist
8-10 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
1. Demonstrated practical and leadership experience in moving applications and data from virtualized / non-virtualized LAN local environments to new virtualized; centralized enterprise WAN environments in at least two (2) projects during last five (5) years; supported by project references; point of contact; and description of role/responsibilities/activities.
2. Demonstrated practical and leadership experience in migrating and consolidating MS Exchange and MS SharePoint environments in at least (1) project during the last (5 years); supported by project references; point of contact; and description of role/responsibility/activities.
3. Demonstrated practical and leadership experience in coordinating transitions and changes in the international environment; supported by project references; point of contact; and description of role/responsibilities/activities.
4. Demonstrated practical and leadership experience in applying ITIL release and deployment process activities supported by project references; point of contact; and description of role/responsibilities/activities.
5. Hands-on experience with managing MS Windows server & clients; VMWare vSphere and/or MS Hyper-V; DHCP; DNS and Active Directory and UNIX/Linux environments supported by project references; point of contact; and description of role / responsibilities / activities.
6. Demonstrated practical knowledge and experience in using the MS Office suite; MS Project and SharePoint sites.
7. Knowledge in both relational and non-relational database principles; design; implementation and/or administration.
Please note: Position may require moderate to strenuous physical activity; standing or sitting for long periods; lifting hardware and related equipment; reaching into areas to connect cables; power supply; etc.