Job Description |
GD Health Solutions is seeking a Project Manager to support a large-scale systems implementation for the State of California. This system has multiple interested parties from all over the State and requires a Project Manager with a strong and proven ability to develop positive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
Candidate must be well-versed in various SDLC models; PMBOK standards; and have prior systems experience for a health or human services program; such as Medicaid; TANF; or SSI. Experience working with the State of California or with California counties is an advantage.
The ideal candidate will have ample experience to prove:
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills with a variety of audiences
- Effectiveness as project manager at implementing or maintaining a large scale and complex integrated system
- Ability to deal with project conflicts and conflicting priorities
This position is located in Sacramento; CA; most tasks will occur in a State office building.
The Project Manager is ultimately responsible for the successful implementation of a large system; including but not limited to project financial management; subcontractor and vendor management; performance management; risk management; and contract management.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide overall leadership for and direct all Project activities; responds to and makes recommendations to improve processes; refines and caries out strategic plan for the implementation and execution of the project; controls project requirements; scope and change management issues; manage and report on project risks
- Overall financial management of the project; including managing project budgets and providing regular financial monitoring and reporting updates
- Manage; direct; and evaluate of the project staff; including subcontractors and vendors
- Serving as point of contact for State staff and all stakeholders; represent GD Health Solutions in both project-related and community meetings; develop positive working relationships with all Stakeholders
- Ensure successful delivery of all contract requirements; manage the implementation plan and keep the Client abreast of any changes
- Ensure system / project meet all corporate; State and Federal regulations; including those related to security and privacy
Candidates must be willing to submit resumes and references to be included in the final proposal submission to the State. Employment is contingent upon contract award.
- Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
- Professional certification (PMP) required.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Ten (10) years of increasingly responsible experience applying Project Management (PM) principles; methods; techniques and tools.
- Five (5) years of PM experience; applying Project Management Institute (PMI) and/or California Project Management Methodology PM principles; methods; techniques and tools; as a Senior PM for one or more large-scale and complex information systems projects
- Current PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Three (3) years' experience managing information systems projects in the health or human services field
- Five (5) years' experience managing teams of both on- and off-site; and dedicated and leveraged; staff