Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||RW248967||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||California||City:||Camp Pendleton||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:13|
Job Description |
Performs technical tasks towards the development or testing of machinery and equipment.
1. Performs layout; fabrication; assembly; installation; operation; modification; and testing of experimental components; materials; apparatus and equipment at an advanced level.
2. Sets up and operates equipment; test apparatus; test equipment; and related equipment.
3. Drafts detail drawings or sketches for drafting room completion or to request parts.
4. Devises; fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
5. Builds experimental apparatus; instrumentation or systems of considerable complexity.
6. Evaluates the form; fit; and function of components; apparatus and equipment for adherence to project objectives.
7. Records test procedures and results; performs routine analysis and calculations; and makes recommendations for changes in equipment; product or test method.
8. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training or work experience.
3-5 years of related experience fabricating; maintaining and repairing mechanical components.
Contractor shall be able to obtain an operators• license for non-tactical/tactical Government-owned equipment and be certified to transport hazardous materials.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial NA approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support NA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.